In the Massenomics Matchup series we pit lifters with world class strength against their hypothetical counterparts. These fictional foes come from comics, the big screen, the wild, or anywhere we see fit. These matchups might be ridiculous, and the results might be made up, but we had to get to the bottom of these would-be collosal battles. In the first matchup we bring you:
|Ray Williams||Optimus Prime|
|Nick Name||Optimus Prime||Optimus|
|Hometown||Demopolis, AL||Planet of Cybertron|
|Weight||400 lbs.||17,350 lbs. (approx.)|
- One of Prime's alternate modes is a tricked out 379 Peterbilt semi truck, so that's some serious style points right off the bat. He has the deep baritone voice of a cool uncle who smokes Marlboro Reds and tells you stories that you probably aren't quite old enough to be hearing yet. Sometimes his overpowering need for honor and justice may make him seem a little lame, but saving the human race has got to be worth something.
- Ray Ray oozes cool. He took the SBD singlet and beanie game to a whole new level. And that pose he makes where he points to the sky after hitting another world record squat... we only wish we could be that bad ass. It's always money time when Ray is in the building.
- Optimus Prime tends to have a strange dislike for certain kinds of music and dancing. He often shows his displeasure with Blaster’s (fellow Autobot) music. He’s also been known to not have any time for rap music specifically.
- Music is a powerful tool for Ray, and he says that he uses it to enhance his performance in the gym and on the platform. When he has to get it done, he has got to listen to "Money Time" by Paul Wall.
- Optimus Prime is known to have strong moral character, excellent leadership, and sound decision-making skills. He also possesses brilliant military tactics.
- Ray Williams rarely makes a bad attempt selection. When was the last time you've seen that guy miss a squat attempt?
- Optimus Prime is considered to be one of the more powerful representatives of Cybertron. His strength and durability far exceed most average Cybertronians. Many estimate that he can lift weights in excess of 100 tons (200,000 pounds), with some estimating as high as 4,000,000 pounds. All that being said, he is NOT the strongest from Cyberton. There is some argument over who exactly is the strongest, but the list of potential candidates includes Megatron, Unicron, Primus, and The Fallen.
- At 1,052 pounds, big Ray holds the world record for the biggest squat without knee wraps for anyone in any weight class, ever. That world record even includes comparing against all non-drug tested lifters! But that record probably isn't safe... because if the past is any indication of the future, Ray is going to keep breaking that record. Every time they put more weight on the bar, he seems to squat it even faster than the previous time. He also has the world record total without wraps at 2,436 pounds. Don't be surprised to see him break the 2,500 mark in the not too distant future.
This is a tough matchup to call. They are both at their strongest when they face their biggest moments, but we are going to have to give the edge to Big Ray Williams. Optimus pairs outstanding intelligence with other worldly strength, but he has died 24 times in the history of the Transformers' sagas. Ray Williams just doesn't lose, and this battle is no exception. It's always money time, and you can take that to the bank.
Please share this article if you like it. We genuinely appreciate shares. Give our podcast a listen and sign up for our newsletter at the bottom of the page. Check out some of our apparel in our shop, like our "Weekend Warrior" line of shirts and hats pictured below..